UWQHD Boner [Predator X34]

Hooooowdy Ho!

My gamer heart has been beating like a madman for the last week. Let me show you why.

At the end of October this year my favourite hardware reviewer released the following video:



Best thing evar? Yah sure like every thing that gets reviewed and labeled as "the best" is true, hah! I'm not that dumb Mister Linus, besides, every Ultra Wide screen has had one flaw or another. High refresh rate? Low pixel density. High Resolution? Massive input lag. All of the mentioned? On a TN Panel. That's why I stopped looking for a new screen and stayed on my BenQ XL2411Z, which is a great 24" screen don't get me wrong, one of the best for it's size, but I wanted more.


So I'm watching that video and he starts to mention the specs; 34" 21:9 aspect ratio nice, I knew that. A 3440x1440 resolution, damn, That's close to 4K, a very nice resolution with high pixel density sweet. It's an IPS Panel, which means high colour density and accuracy but has a bit higher response time than a TN panel (the BenQ I used has 1ms G2G, the x34 has 4ms) which isn't really a noticeable difference. Then he says "It has a 60Hz refresh rate" and I was like see? See what I mean that every cool monitor has a flaw? Why the hell can't it have higher "...but it can be over clocked to 100Hz". Oh, nice? I mean it's not 120 or 144Hz but 100 is a very nice number. Ok, please tell me more. "It has G-Sync" Whaaaaaaaaaat bonged! That was all I needed to know, from that moment this monitor was burned into my retina and I had to have it, I want it for Christmas.

I adventure myself into all the online shops checking for availability and I notice, not even one has it in stock, nor is able to give a precise delivery date. I phoned around, sent emails, checked shops in neighboring countries, nothing, they all say that Acer are not giving them any more detailed info. Many already changed the delivery date to 2016. I ordered it at a shop that had it's price around 8% lower than anybody else, but their delivery date changed many times. First it was 27th of November, then the 1st of December, then 3rd and then suddenly, 15th of March 2016 and I was like:


The Pre-Christmas Miracle


I received an E-Mail saying "Your Predator X34 is now on its way, here's your tracking number". WHAT?! They actually got a small batch of monitors and they were able to ship some of the early orders, I was one of them. God was I hyped. *Jumps around in the living room*.


And I am so happy that I was able to trust my guts on this one, it has been a huge investment so I really didn't want to have any bigger issues with it, like game compatibility or back light bleeding and such. Nothing, everything is perfect. I fucking love it. I had to get a Zotac GTX 980ti AMP! to make sure I would get the best out of my new monitor. Closest, and in my opinion best 4K experience you can have. Here are some screenshots of the games I configured and tested so far, each one plays like a charm, I also downloaded Skyrim again because of reasons.

Grand Theft Auto V
Fallout 4
DayZ Standalone
Rocket league
Kerbal Space Program
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Battlefield 4

Since I installed the Acer Predator X34, every time I leave work I get super excited to sit in front of my pc again, it feels like back when I got my first PC at home when I was like 15 years old. Damn I love gaming, and this monitor made it even prettier. The only downside? Every screenshot is now 9Mb big, "we gonna need a bigger drive".

Cheers

DHR_000x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here i am, and im planning to stay

7 Days to Die

Zorak [Lineage II]